Fhyzics is a global leader in business analysis, serves both IT and non-IT organisations to design and develop their products and services. Though Information Technology industry has used business analysis to the fullest extent, other industries are yet to catch up or to explore. One of them in this list is the movie industry. After thorough analysis in 2012, Fhyzics identified that Indian Film Industry can best utilise business analysis service in the making of better films. We did a few months of due diligence to understand how we can best serve movie industry and designed a framework, and titled it as ‘Movie Analysis Services’. Subsequently, we approached Director Mohan Raja and explained about our new service, which is never heard of in the industry. Coincidentally, he was also looking for similar kind of service for his upcoming movie. Soon we were on board and worked on the movie for the next two years. The movie ‘ThaniOruvan’ was the first movie in the Indian Industry that used ‘Movie Analysis Service’ in India, which became a huge blockbuster and the rest is history.
"All drama is conflict. Without conflict, there is no action.
Without action, there is no character. Without character, there is no story.
And without story, there is no screenplay." - Syd Field
The movie ‘Thani Oruvan’ was a huge success, which is a way validated our service. Our work on ‘Thani Oruvan’ was debuted as a first-of-its-kind work in Indian movie industry and an article appeared in Times of India on 13-09-2015. At present, our team is working with Director Mohan Raja and Director SusiGaneshan for their upcoming movies. Business analysis is all about understanding the customer need and satisfying that need through the product while designing it.
Movie Analysis Services can be defined as the set of activities in
(1) Identifying the opportunities to enhance the story of a movie,
(2) Ensuring that the movie revolves around sound logic,
(3) Understanding the current expectations of movie goers,
(4) Building innovative elements and newness in the story,
(5) Ascertaining the various risk elements in the movie,
(6) Analysis about the movie title and timing of launch,
(7) Providing authentic data and information about the characters and events and
(8) Enabling the Director and other stakeholders to visualise the movie well before the movie production through diagrams, graphs, storyboards, presentations and movie layers analysis through Primary and Secondary Research Methods, Data Analytics and Business Analysis.